We all have our favourite authors or books that we love, wouldn’t it be great though to support these wonderful authors in other ways than just buying the book itself?
Below is a list of ways that fans and readers alike can help spread the word about their favourite books and authors.
1. The most obvious one is to buy the book itself
2. As they say ‘Sharing is Caring’. If you enjoy a book spread the word! Social media is a fantastic way of letting the world know what your up to and what you enjoy.
3. Review. If you enjoy a book let the author as well as other readers know what you thought. Just think how a lovely review could really brighten up your favourite authors day, if praise is due, give it! There are many ways to leave reviews but the most important one to authors is probably Amazon. I personally leave reviews on Amazon.co.uk as well as Amazon.com, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter and my blog.
4. Most authors now a days have Facebook pages as well as Twitter accounts even a blog so that they can spread the word of all the books that they publish. Why not like and share their Facebook page, the more likes they get the more they will get noticed. Also follow them on Twitter, it’s a great way of getting to know about any new books coming out and any up to date news about the author. Don’t forget to retweet any posts that your interested in! The same goes for the blogs, leave a comment and share the post with your friends and followers.
5. Leave comments on posts. Authors love to get feedback from readers so liking there post and leaving a comment not only boosts their ego but helps get their pages and sites get noticed more. The same as blogs, it really is important to leave a comment on a blog post as it helps push sites further up the search engines.
6. Word of mouth. This is another powerful way of letting people know about books you love and enjoy. Friends and family will appreciate someone they know and trusts review of a book more than anyone else so if you enjoyed a book don’t forget to tell your friends, family even work colleagues.
If you enjoyed this post please remember to like and share, a comment would be great also!